Learning Pathways Cymru
What do we mean by Supper Conversations?:
- Conversations are a vital way in which we all discover what we know, share it with others and in the process create new knowledge or thinking.
- Conversations are often tipping points for change so it is great fun to encourage conversations that have a real purpose.
- Our conversations are “appreciative” and seek to identify and build on strengths; looking to see how we can do things differently rather than focusing on blame.
- Each month the manner in which our conversations are facilitated is different to ensure that everyone is able to enjoy listening and contributing and hopefully to leave with some “ffresh” ideas.
- Each conversation is supported by the good ambience, food, drink and service from ffresh
Our aims are to:
- Provide interesting conversations about subjects that “really matter” over good food and wine for like-minded people.
- Assist reflections (via conversation) on issues that really matter and therefore
- Influence and effect change – whether that is in oneself or in a wider context.
They are a form of leadership, “conversational leadership”, and leadership that influences “beyond authority”.
The benefits to attendees are to:
- Enjoy good food and company
- Discuss and reflect on a topic that really matters to them with a diverse group of people that they would normally never meet
- Articulate some specific action (and therefore change) that works for them and
- Build new and different contacts and relationships i.e. networking.
When are they held? We have held a series of supper conversations on Mondays during 2014, 2015 & 2016. We have 8 more planned for 2017; arrival for 18:30 to sit down to supper at 19:00.
Where are they held? We host our supper conversations at a fabulous Cardiff Bay venue – ffresh Bar and Restaurant – the home of great food and drink at Wales Millennium Centre, in the heart of Cardiff Bay. Their commitment to using the best local ingredients has been recognised and they are a Wales The True Taste partner. ffresh also featured in the Michelin Guide 2013 and the Good Food Guide for 3 years running – in 2012, 2013 and 2014. To see examples of the great menus that ffresh have on offer click here.
Our Suppers: On arrival there is a welcome glass of wine or soft drink, we enjoy a 3 course dinner with an additional two glasses of wine (or soft drinks) while we dine and conclude with coffee and mints. The menu for each supper is included in the promotional email and participants will need to indicate with their booking any dietary or access requests that they may have; ffresh will provide alternative and tasty dishes for those with dietary needs without you having to do anything else. Bookings will close 7 days before each supper with payment made at the time of booking. Bookings will be limited for each supper conversation – so please book early!
Timings: 18:30 arrival, welcome drink and guest contribution to our conversation once we are seated 19:00 dinner is served and table conversations continue 20:00 coffee and conversation across the tables
Our Conversations: Each Supper has a conversational theme with a lead guest (or guests) who will start the conversational ball rolling; the conversation is continued with careful and “light touch” facilitation over the courses, seeking to conclude with some clear actions (be they for the individual attendee or further afield).
Cost: Each Supper Conversation is priced at £35.00
Places available: Initially we are booking a maximum of 24 places for each #supperconversationatffresh Booking your place: #supperconversationsatffresh is a great way to enjoy a relaxing evening, talk about interesting topics that really matter and network with other people. To book your place and join us, please email email@example.com Download the pdf for the terms and conditions.
Monday #supperconversationatffresh future confirmed events in 2017:
• Monday March 20th – “Are the right conversations good for our health?”
• Monday May 15th – “Engaging Leadership” – A Leadership Conversation linked to the 2017 Leading Wales Awards
• Monday June 26th – “The Age of Reading”
• Monday July 17th – TBC